- faculty profiles
- KUBO Izumi
|Classes||Bioinformatics Seminar 3
Bioinformatics Seminar 4
General Topics in Science and Engineering
Current Topics in Biological Information Systems
Advanced Study of Biological Information Systems
Advanced Course of Bioengineering
Advanced Laboratory Course of Bioengineering
Laboratory in Bioinformatics 1
Laboratory in Bioinformatics 2
|Research theme||Development of diagnostic biochips|
Bioinformatics of Graduate school of engineering
Major Field Bioelectronics
Research Theme Development of biosensors for environmental monitoring
Development of fabrication technology of biochips
Publications (1) "Bioelectronics" joint work , Asakura shoten in Japanese
(2) "Bioinstrumentation Research, Developments and Applications" with Butterworths Publishers
(3) "Determination of environmental substances with microbial sensors" Kagakukogyo, 44, 816-821 (1993) in Japanese
(4) "Phosphate sensing system using pyruvate oxidase and chemiluminescence detection"
with Biosensors & Bioelectronics 11 , 959-965 (1996)
(5)"Electrochemical oligonycleotide detection based on probe DNA modified gold electrode using cobalt phenanthroline complex" Trans IEE of JAPAN, 121-E, 559-563 (2001)
(6)"Sulfate binding protein modified electrode as a chemical sensor" IEICE Trans. Electron , E83-C , 1035-1039 (2000)
(7)"Phosphatidylcholine monolayers observed with Brewster Angle Microscopy and p-A isotherms" Thin Solic Films 393, 80-85 (2001)
(8)Izumi Kubo“Potentionmetric phosphate-sensing system”Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 327, 273- 275(2002)
(9)Shinya Watanabe and Izumi Kubo“Fructose Biosensor based on D-Fructose Dehydrogenase and Phenanthroline cobalt Complex as aMediator”,Electrochemistry, 70, 258-263 (2002)
(10)Izumi KUBO, Kentaroh Motoya“Combined Micro Ion Sensor for in vivo Determination“Technical Report of
IEICE, OME-2002-57, 13-18 (2002)
(11)R. Shoji?T. Takeuchi?H. Suzuki?I. Kubo“Reserch of Amperometric Atrazine Chips Using Molecularly Imprinted Polymers”Chemical Sensors, 18 SupB, 7-9 (2002)
(12)R. Shoji, T. Takeuchi and I. Kubo“Atrazine Sensor Based on Molecularly Imprinted Polymer-Modified Gold electrode”, Anal. Chem. 75, 4882-4886 (2003)
(13)R. Shoji?T. Takeuchi?H. Suzuki?I. Kubo“Atrazine Sensor Based on a nano chemical receptor modified electrode”?BUNSEKI?KAGAKU?52, 1141-1146 (2003)
(14)Izumi Kubo, Nobuyoshi Maehara“The Modified Electrode for the Protection of Oxidative Reaction of Ascorbic Acid and Its Application to Biosensor”?Chemical Sensors, 19 B, 70-72?(2003)
(15)Yuko Nakane, Izumi Kubo“Application to the Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) Sensor for the Cell Membrane Model Complex Immobilized on QCM? Chemical Sensors, 19 B, 100?102 (2003)
(16)Y. Moroi, M. Rusdi and I. Kubo,“Difference in Surface Properties between Insoluble Monolayer and Absorbed Film from Kinetics of Water Evaporation and BAM Image”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 108(20), 6351-6358 (2004)
(17)Izumi Kubo and Daisuke Satoh“Preparation of Phosphate-Binding-Protein Modified electrode and Its Application to Reagentless Phosphate Sensor” Sensors and Materials,16, 391-399 (2004)
(18)R. Shoji, A. Shimizu, H. Suzuki and I. Kubo“CAT Imprinted polymer and Its Application to the Electrochemical Determination of CAT”The 10th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors,Chemical Sensors, 20 Suppl. B, 552-553 (2004)
(19)Y. Nakane and I. Kubo“A novel sensing system for endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) based on their hydrophobic interaction with model cell membranes”The 10th International Meeting on Chemical Sensors,Chemical Sensors, 20 Suppl. B, 616-617 (2004)
(20)“Selective Measurement of Dopamine with an Alkanethiol-Modified Electrode”,I. Kubo, K. Yoshimura, N. Maehara, Chemical Sensors, 21 Suppl. A, 187-189 (2005)
(21)“Study of the Preparation of Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Receptor for Simazine” Y. Fuchiwaki, A. Shimizu and I. Kubo, Chemical Sensors, 21 Suppl. A, 190-182 (2005)
(22)”Selective Oxidation of Dopamine and Serotonine with an Alkanethiol-Modified Electrode, I. Kubo, K. Yoshimura and E. Ohashi, Electrochemistry, 74(2), 149-152 (2006)
(23)"A carboxyalkanethiol monolayer modified electrode for blocking of ascorbic acid oxidation and its application to a biosensor", I. Kubo, Y. Nakane, N. Maehara, Electrochmica Acta, 51, 5163-5168 (2006)
(24) "6-Chloro-N,N-diethyl-1,3,5-triazine-2,4-diamine(CAT) Sensor Based on Biomimetic Recognition Utilizing a Molecularly Imprinted Artificial receptor", Y. Fuchiwaki, A. Shimizu, I. Kubo, Anal. Sci., (23), 49-53(2007)
(25)"Development of electrochemical Sensing System for 6-Chloro-N,N-Diethyl-1,3,5-Triazine (CAT) Utilizing an Amalgamated Gold electrodeand Artificial Sensor Receptor", Y. Fuchiwaki, N. Sasaki and I. Kubo, Electrochemistry, 75(9), 709-714 (2007)
(26)S. FURUTANI, H. NAGAI and I. KUBO*.
Single cell isolation on a centrifugal flow disk with integrated tandem microchambers.
Sensor Letters, Vol.6, No.6: pp.961-965, 2008.
(27)N. MATSUNAGA, S. FURUTANI and I. KUBO*.
Centrifugal Flow Device for High-throughput Detection of Cancer Marker CEA.
ECS transactions: Chemical Sensors 8: Chemical (Gas, Ion, Bio) Sensors and Analytical Systems, Vol.16, No.11: pp.123-128, 2008.
(28)N. YOKOTA, Y. FUCHIWAKI and I. KUBO*?
Fabrication of bisphenol A sensor utilizing electrode modified with molecularly imprinted polymer
ECS Transactions. Vol.16, No.11: pp.551-556, 2008.
(29)Y. Nakane and I. Kubo*
Biosensor for the Detection of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals Based on the Degradation of Cell Membrane Model Immobilized on QCM and Its Application to the Detection of Nonylphenol
Electrochemistry, Vol.76, pp.535-537 , 2008
(30)Y. Nakane , M. M. Ito and I. Kubo*
Novel detection method of endocrine disrupting chemicals utilizing liposomes as cell membrane model
Analytical Letters, Vol.41, pp.2923-2932, 2008
(31)I. Kubo,* R. Shoji, Y. Fuchiwaki and H. Suzuki,
Atrazine Sensing Chip Based on Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Layer,
Electrochemistry, Vol.76, pp.541-544 , 2008
(32)Y. Nakane and I. Kubo*
Degradation of liposome cluster caused by the interaction with endocrine disrupting chemicals,
Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Vol.66, pp.60-64 , 2008
(33)Y. Fuchiwaki, R. Shoji, I. Kubo* and H. Suzuki,
6-Chloro-N,N-Diethyl-1,3,5-Triazine-2,4-Diamine(Simazine) Electrochemical Sensing Chip Based on Biomimetic Recognition Utilizing a Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Layer on a Gold Chip,
Analytical Letters, Vol.41, pp.1398-1407 , 2008
(34)I. KUBO*, S. FURUTANI and H. NAGAI.
The Activity Determination of Single Cell by Isolation and Cultivation on a Centrifugal Flow Disk.
ECS transactions: Challenges to Single-Cell Engineering and Imaging Technology, 16(17), 1-8, 2008.
(35)Y. Fuchiwaki, N. Sasaki and I. Kubo,“Electrochemical Sensing System Utilizing Simazine-Imprinted Polymer receptor for the Detection of Simazine in Tap Water”, Journal of Sensors, Volume 2009, 6pages, doi:10.1155/10009/503464 (2009)
(36)Y. Nakane and I. Kubo,“Layer-by-layer of liposomes and membrane protein as a recognitionelement, Thin Solid Films, 518, 678-681 (2009)
(37) M. Sakuraki, S. Tsuzuki, H. Hasuda, A. Wada, K. Matoba, I. Kubo and Y. Itoh,“Synthesis of a photoimmobilizable Histidine Polymer for Surface Modification”, J. Applied Polymer Science, 112, 315-319(2009)
(38) M. Sakuragi, S. Tsuzuki, S. Obuse, A. Wada, K. Matoba, I. Kubo and Y. Ito, “A Photo immobilizable Sulfobetaine-based polymer for a nonbiofouling surface.”, Materials Science and Engineering C, 30, 316-322, 2010
(39) S. Furutani, H. Nagai, Y. Takamura and I. Kubo, “Compact disk (CD)-shaped device for single cell isolation and PCR of a specific gene in the isolated cell.”,Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 398, 2997-3004, 2010
(40) Y. Fuchiwaki and I. Kubo,“Biomimetics, Learning from Nature”, Electrochemical sensor based on biomimetic recognition utilizing molecularly imprinted polymer receptor.”, In-Tech, 500, 2010
(41) Y. Nakane and I. Kubo,“A Sensor of Environmental Chermicals Utilizing Models of Cell Membrane.”, Chemical Sensors, 26, Suppl. A, 115-117, 2011
(42) I. Kubo, S. Furutani, Y. Takamura and H. Nagai,“Centrifugal Flow Disk for the Detection of the Specific Gene by PCR in the Isolated Cells.”, Chemical Sensors, 26, Suppl. B, 46-48, 2011
(43) I. Kubo, N. Yokota, Y. Nakane and Y. Fuchiwaki,“The Establishment of Bisphenol A Sensing System Utilizing Molecularly Imprinted Receptor and Electrochemical Determination.”, International Journal of Electrochemistry, 20, 4pages doi:10.4061/2011/534936 , 2011
(44) I. Kubo, S. Furutani and K. Matoba, “Use of a novel microfluidic disk in the analysis of single-cell viability and the application to Jurkat cells.”,J. Bioscience and Bioengineering, 112, 98-101, 2011
(45) I.Kubo, N. Yokota and Y. Nakane,“Sensing System for Bisphenol A Utilizing A Molecularly Imprinted Polymer Modified Electrode.”, Advanced Materials Research, 452, 922-926, 2012
(46) S. Furutani, H. Nagai, Y. Takamura, Y. Aoyama and I. Kubo,“Detection of expressed gene in isolated single cells in microchambers by a novel hot cell-direct RT-PCR method.”, Analyst, 37, 2951-2957, 2012
(47) I. Kubo, N. Yokota, Y. Fuchiwaki and Y. Nakane, “Characteristics of Molecularly Imprinted Polymer (MIP) Thin Layer for Bisphenol A and Response of the MIP-Modified Sensor.”,ISRN Material Sciences, 6 pages doi:10.5402/2012/861643, 2012
(48) T. Saito, S. Furutani, I. Kubo, “Study on ELISA Condition to detect AFP Using Microfluidic Disc.”, Chemical Sensors, 29, Suppl. A, pp.141-143, 2012
(49) I. Kubo, T. Eguchi, Y. Hoshino, M. Liu, H. Abe and Y. Ito, “Peroxidase Activity of G-Quadruplex Hemin-Binding DNA Aptamers Determined by Electrochemical Measurement.”, ECS Transactions, 50 (28) 1-7, doi: 10.1149/05028.0001, 2013
(50) Y. Nakane and I. Kubo,“Fluorescence Sensing of the Interaction between Biomembranes with Different Lipid Composition and Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals.”, Materials 2014, 7, 170-179; doi:10.3390/ma7010170, 2014?
(51) I. Kubo, T. Kanamatsu, S Furutani, “Microfluidic Devices for Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and Its Application to Bisphenol A Sensing.”, Sensors and Materials, 26(8), 615-621, 2014
(52) S. Furutani, N. Shozen, H. Nagai, Y. Aoyama, I. Kubo, “Development of a Detection System for Expressed Genes in Isolated Single Cells.”, Sensors and Materials, 26(8), 623-625, 2014